-->

Pages

9.11.2011

From Iced to Hot: Beverages that Change with the Seasons

What is more comforting on a cloudy morning than a home-made cappuccino? Well, perhaps there are many contenders . . . some may say hot chocolate, or peppermint tea, or a nice piece of . . toast. For myself, a coffee drinker, hot coffee is delightful on a cool morning and only made better with foam and espresso in place of the normal plain brewed coffee and cream.

This topic unfortunately brings me to the sad subject that summer is drawing to a close. This news is brought to me through the melancholy desire to switch back to hot coffee from my favored iced coffee. While there will still be a few hot days filled with condensation covered cups of icy, creamy, caffeinated beverages, these will begin to be outnumbered by warm, ceramic mugs, of hot, biting, espresso and foamed milk.

The photo below I give to you with bittersweet hesitation . . . while I so love the cool, crisp days of fall ahead, I am not quite ready to put down the iced coffee until next spring. However, plastic cups of tan liquid do not quite convey the same nostalgic beauty that steamy, ceramic mugs of cappuccino do. Thus, I leave you with my first fall cappuccino.

No comments: