-->

Pages

10.14.2012

Molasses Cookies and Lemonade

Another beautiful October Sunday. The fall is flying by at record speed but I'm trying to use every excuse to fill our tiny apartment with October scents - pumpkin, cinnamon, apple, molasses - I'll take any reason to turn on the oven! 

I made these molasses spice cookies a few weeks ago - a recipe from the America's Test Kitchen cookbook and we were pleasantly surprised. They weren't as chewy as expected but the flavor developed quite nicely over the following days. I struggled a bit with the crappy oven - I continually re-discover that I can't use the bottom rack in the oven  . . . lame! I hope to eventually learn this lesson without throwing out half of each batch of cookies. 

These cookies taste best when eaten off plates designed with architectural plans

This tablecloth has proved as a nice cover up for our semi-botched table that didn't quite turn out as planned...


Homemade mint lemonade 

No comments: