-->

Pages

10.28.2012

A Hurricane-y Sandy Sunday

I took full advantage of the "impending doom" warnings regarding the apparent Hurricane Sandy that is supposed to hit the tri-state area in the next few hours. It hasn't rained a drop, the breeze is mild, and it's no colder than 55 out - but hey, an excuse to stay inside, right? I certainly hope that this storm is not nearly as bad as is predicted. However, a little rain might be nice, and if the power goes out for a little while I wouldn't mind playing scrabble by candle light and drinking wine.

I claimed that my excuse for staying indoors was the pre-hurricane grayness, but really - it was Adobe Lightroom. I have finally switched from clunky Photoshop (I say clunky only because I'm not that great at it and have an older version)! I am absolutely delighted with this program, and thanks to Adobe I was able to get the student edition for MUCH cheaper with my not-yet deleted Purchase College email address. I got bored with watching the YouTube Lightroom tutorial so I'm no expert yet, but getting there. It makes editing incredibly smooth and intuitive!

Here are a few photos from the week, enjoy! If you are on the East Coast stay safe this week!


The Arlington diner near our apartment. I spend a whole lot of time staring at this place every morning waiting for the looong light on my commute.



Easiest and best peanut butter cookies I've ever made. 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla. Yup, that's it.


Straws and pumpkins.





Leeks. Pre-soup stage.


Lemons and tile.



Dead leaves on the not-so dirty ground.



No comments: