-->

Pages

11.02.2012

Instagrams from my Strange Week with Sandy

I must first say how extremely lucky we have been during and after 'Superstorm Sandy.' Living on the outskirts of NYC during the aftermath of the hurricane is something to remember. We were very lucky to only lose power for 36 hours, while thousands still go without heat, light, or water. Being that my commute (three hours to go 5 miles on Thursday!) was the worst of it for me, I really can't complain!

NYC is a different place now, as are the outer boroughs, NJ, Long Island, and parts of CT. There certainly is so much more to say, but much of it has already been said before. My thoughts go out to everyone dealing with the aftermath. I haven't seen any of the places that were hit the worst, but from what photos and stories I've heard - it's like the zombie apocalypse. Wow! Just a few trees down in our neighborhood . . .

Here are a few instagrams that I took this week. Some prettier than others! Stay warm and safe everyone - 


The GWB on my commute this morning (don't worry, I wasn't driving). Blue skies are back!



The office dogs are starting to feel pretty cooped up since the park across the street is still closed!!



Gas lines in NJ. They stretch for blocks and blocks. One side for people with cans, one side for cars. Insane.

No comments: