-->

Pages

11.22.2012

Day Five and Six: Happy Thanksgiving

I'm tired from all the driving but happy to be drinking a little champagne in Nashville.

New Orleans was, as one might expect, amazing! My legs are still sore from all the walking around. We had perfect 73 degree weather for all three days - just right for aimless exploring marked with brief stops for coffee, beignets, and beer. What else? A bayou swamp tour with the a nice cajun who lectured us on exactly why Louisinans take offense at such shows as Swamp People (rightly so). Saw some alligators, armadillos, herons, and floating trailers. Also learned a whole lot about the swamp of Slidell, LA.

I have way too many photos to go through - which I will do as soon as possible. Here are a few of my favorites from days five and.

Happy Thanksgiving! We are enjoying a Food Network-esque cooking challenge in the hotel room (hot plates and thanksgiving dinner?) and as I mentioned - some delicious champagne.

More to come!!


A view of Jackson Square and the St. Louis Cathedral


Cafe Du Monde.


Jackson Square with filters


Birds in a fountain


Sunset

No comments: