-->

Pages

11.30.2012

Nashville, TN

I've been lazy and neglected this blog since getting back from the trip last weekend. I do apologize. I hope everyone enjoyed a thankful and lovely Thanksgiving! I have a plethora of photos still to edit, thus more blogging will commence.

Getting back into the swing of work after an eventful week off was an adjustment - but quite a good one. Good things keep happening! More on this soon . . .

Back to the trip. While we spent less than 24 hours in Nashville, it was time well spent. Mostly in the hotel making our delicious - but marginally ghetto - Thanksgiving meal (strange hotel hot plates in the very Ikea-like kitchen of our hotel suite) with my mother's birthday Rose. Yum. Besides our meal, with explored the to-scale reproduction of the Parthenon (who knew??) in the center of Nashville. For real, there is an actual PARTHENON in the middle of a park. This beautiful country never ceases to surprise. I had quite a time taking photos in the bright sunlight - beautiful day, beautiful light, and a magnificent structure. Looking up at the pillars was just dizzying. 

If you are ever in Nashville, I highly recommend exploring this place. Quite a visual treat!


Oh, hey sunlight.

 Texture.

Loved the gritty texture of the pillars in contrast with the smooth tiles underfoot.

A little perspective.


My mom using my iPhone




A special treat.

No comments: