-->

Pages

1.05.2013

A New Year and A New List

I had a lovely holiday and very happy New Year's eve, as I hope you did as well

Canada was lovely, although our drive back was interrupted by the onslaught of snow. We decided to stop for the night at a hotel off of Route 91 in Northhampton which was an excellent choice. I use the word 'decided' loosely . . . it was more of an executive decision made by the van in which it declared we weren't going to continue up those MA hills in the storm. Anyhow, we had cozy detour and then made our way the rest of the way home the following morning. 

A few things I've come to realize while being on vacation from work over the last few weeks:

1. Apparently I get the flu when I am most rested, least stressed, and have lots of free time. I guess that's a good thing? As long as I'm recovered for Monday . . .

2. The apparent urge to be creative and draw pictures seems to come only after 8+ hours on the couch with said flu, watching Netflix.

3. Traffic is more stressful when I'm not driving in it twice a day.

4. Since I haven't had to be up with an alarm in almost three weeks, I don't actually hear Zack's alarm anymore when it goes off in the morning. This worries me. I had better set at least 3 alarms for Monday morning.

5. Extra free time doesn't mean more productivity. It means the opposite.

6. Unless productivity means catching up on movies and television I've missed. If that's the case, I've been extremely productive.

7. After seeing The Hobbit, I want to travel to New Zealand. Or live in an underground house that's round. But, travelling to New Zealand sounds better.

8. I've decided that I enjoy being UP early, but I don't like having to BE somewhere early. Unless it's in my kitchen with coffee that I have to be at 7 AM. 

9. I am missing work and am simultaneously afraid that I have completely forgotten how to do my job. 

10. Quentin Tarantino makes pretty great films.

Some photos from from the holidays. All in Canada, except the ones that are obviously not:


Winter Squash



Winter roses in my parents' solarium


Rt. 21. 


Pruned fig tree



A very chilly winter wonderland.

Happy New Year!

No comments: